How to Get the Best Car Insurance Discounts
No one wants to pay more for car insurance than they need to. That’s why most responsible consumers today get a number of car insurance quotes before they make their final decision on what to buy. Still, the car insurance quotes by themselves don’t always tell the whole story. There are a number of discounts you might be eligible for that you won’t catch right away.
So, here are some of the most common, and most profitable car insurance discounts you can get:
- Multiple policy discount. Most insurance companies will give you a discount if you also have another insurance product, such as your homeowners insurance, through the same company.
- Multiple car discount. Most companies will also offer you a discount if you have multiple cars in your household, and insure all of them through the same company.
- Accident free discount. If you don’t have a history of auto accidents, you can usually get lower car insurance quotes than if you have a blemished past. The same goes for things like DUI convictions, or if you have a certain number of “points” on your license.
- Good Credit Rating. More and more, insurance companies are looking at your credit score as an indicator of whether you’re a risk for your car insurance. While there isn’t necessarily statistical data to support this practice, it’s happening in most states. Keep your credit score up to get the best discounts.
- Age based discounts. As you know, teenagers are going to pay more for car insurance because they’re at a greater risk of getting in an accident than someone older.
Ultimately, if you want to save on your car insurance quotes, you need to shop around. Talk to a number of insurance agents, and see what kinds of discounts the particular company might be able to offer to you. Get agents working to find every available discount and you’ll never pay more than you have to for your car insurance.